Little Review for Great Book is for an interesting new series from a talented and well known author.
Title: Last Kiss Goodnight
Series: (Otherworld Assassin #1)
Author: Gena Showalter
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Published: December 26th 2012, (first published December 20th 2012)
Publisher: Pocket Books
The breathtaking first novel in New York Times best selling author Gena Showalter’s new paranormal romance series, Otherworld Assassins, featuring a black ops agent who is captured and enslaved…and the beautiful deaf girl who holds the key to his salvation…
THE SWEETEST TEMPTATION…
Black ops agent Solomon Judah awakens caged and bound in a twisted zoo where otherworlders are the main attraction. Vika Lukas, the owner’s daughter, is tasked with Solo’s care and feeding. The monster inside him yearns to kill her on sight, even though she holds the key to his escape. But the human side of him realizes the beautiful deaf girl is more than she seems—she’s his.
THE ULTIMATE PRICE…
Vika endures the captives’ taunts and loathing, hoping to keep them alive even if she can’t free them. Only, Solo is different—he protects her. But as hostility turns to forbidden romance, his feelings for her will be used against him…and he’ll be put to a killer test.
My rating: 4/5
1. I was blown away by the stunning cover! The mix of colors and the link we made with the characters is instantaneous, it's like you want to be with them on the cover and in the story!
2. I recently read Never seduce a Scott by Maya Banks and the Heroine was also deaf and I really enjoyed my experience with such a ''disability''. Vika has proven she was worth every line in this book! I loved her guts and her willpower. I liked the fact that she didn't fall for the most sexy or handsome man, but for everything Solo had inside. (Kind of Beauty and the Beast retelling).
3. I liked the fact that (obviously) Solo wasn't the typical hot, sexy, attractive alpha male that we all read about in PNR. His beauty came from his strength, his desire to vanquish his enemy and more important, the fact that he care for Vika. He doesn't have a conventional beauty and I really enjoyed this part of the book.
4. Circus isn't my thing... Actually I hate everything from the circus and I see more and more of them as background and theme of the book and I can't seem to put myself to read them, it's like a phobia for me, but I thought: Hey, maybe it's time to kick your ass and try one? And what is better than starting with Gena Showalter circus background story??? Well, the way the story was presented, I didn't feel this whole ''circus'' thing so maybe it would be a negative aspect for someone who loves circus stories.
5. I liked that we heard about characters from Alien Huntress series, maybe more of it would have been better.
6. The only thing that bother me was the fact that nobody came to Solo's rescue or even the others being that where held in this circus. I just can't seem to figure how this could be possible with all these aliens with superpowers...
Page Turner: Yes!
Series: (Otherworld Assassin #1)
Stand Alone: Yes!
Hotness: Solo if you like the ''beastly'' beauty!
Proserpine Recommendation: If you are a fan of Gena Showalter series, if you love PNR stories, this book is definitely a must-try this year! Buy-Borrow-TBR pile!